When you boot the computer, do you have a Blue Screen of Death also known as BSOD problem because of a Driver Power State Failure ? This post is just the right one to assist you in solving the driver state issue. This power driver state error occurs when an irreconcilable driver is present on any of the PC system hardware. Most frequently restarting your system will fix the driver state issue.More on Techsolitic
Driver Power State Failure Fix
Method#1: Turn Off The Power Saving For Fixing The Driver Power State Failure Problem
The driver state issue can be reasoned by power setting problems. So change the power settings to check if it fixes the driver problem. Follow these steps to fix this driver issue:
- Press Windows logo + R button from your keyboard at the same time to open the Run dialog box.
- Then, enter the control panel and click OK to go to the Control Panel window.
- Now, set view by small icons > choose Power Options.
- Make sure Balanced (suggested) option is selected > click change plan settings > change advanced power settings.
- Now, expand the power saving mode, and wireless adapter settings > change the setting to max performance.
- Expand link state power management and PCI Express > change settings to max power savings > click Apply > OK.
- Restart the system to check to see if the Driver Power State Failure issue is gone. If it does not work for you, it is time for you to try method 2.
Method#2: Install Corrupted Or Missing Drivers
Under device manager, if Windows shows one or more devices, with a yellow exclamation sign, it denotes that the needed driver for that device(s) is corrupted or missing. In this case, you have to install the right driver for the problematic device. To fix this driver problem follow these steps:
- First, go to the device manager.
- Locate any device(s) that are showed with a yellow exclamation sign.
- Right click on the problematic device > choose update driver device software.
- Choose the first option and allow the Windows to Search automatically for updated program driver > install it.
Note: If your Windows can’t locate an updated driver for the chosen device, then go to the PC’s manufacturer support website to locate and install the updated driver for the device.
- Carry out the same actions and install the corrupted driver again for any other problematic device.
- When finished, reboot the PC and check if the Driver Power State Failure error was fixed.
Method#3: System Restore
You can use system restore for restoring the previous version of the Windows operating system. If you’re encountering serious driver problem Failure on your Windows then by utilizing System Restore, you can fix numerous driver errors. You can roll the system back to a standard state by following these steps:
- First of all, right-click on the Computer > click Property.
- Then, click on System Protection > select System Restore.
- Now, click next and wait for the computer to be restored.
That is all you have to do to restore your system to the previous version.
Method#4: Change Management Settings To Bluetooth And Wi-Fi Adapter(s)
The next solution to resolve the Driver Power State Failure is to set the settings to max performance for the Bluetooth and Wi-Fi adapter(s). Follow these steps to fix this driver issue:
- First, right-click the Start menu > select Control Panel.
- Then, change the view by to small icons > open Power Options.
- Then, click on change plan settings.
- Now, choose change advanced settings.
- Scroll down to locate and expand the wireless adapter(s) settings.
- Set the Plugged in and On Battery setting to max performance.
Method#5: Update Display Adapter’s Driver
If the Driver Power State Failure problem has emerged after installing the Windows update, go on and try to install the updated driver for the display adapter. To do so:
- First, go to the control panel.
- Click programs & features.
- Choose and uninstall the presently installed driver for the graphics card.
- After uninstalling the driver, restart the system.
- In case you are utilizing an AMD or an NVidia graphics card, you can download the updated driver version for the card’s model from any trustworthy source. If you are not utilizing an AMD or NVidia adapter, then download the needed driver for the system’s manufacturer support website.
- If after the installation of the updated display driver, the Driver State Failure problem persists, then try installing an older and possibly more stable driver for the graphics card.
Method#6: Uninstall The Antivirus Security Software
To resolve the Driver Power State Failure problem, you need to uninstall the Antivirus software from the computer. This way has applied on a Windows 7 machines which have installed AVAST antivirus with successful results.You can fix if Service host Local System High Disk facing error or Failed To Play Test Tone Error