The EasyAntiCheat is the anti-cheating service that counters hacking and cheating in multiplayer computer games. It utilizes hybrid anti-cheat systems for doing so. It functions by using both server and client–side analysis for quickly recognizing diverse threats and hacking methods.
What Are The Causes Of This Fortnite Error Code 20006?
Fortnite error code 20006 can be caused either by a lost EasyAntiCheat service on the PC, or by the service being outdated, broken, or just unresponsive when you opened your game. Epic Games does not desire you to enter any game if you were not checked for hacking and cheating your game earlier. Also, a few of the game files may have gone missing or corrupt, and it can be resolved simply by verifying your game from within the Fortnite launcher. The corrupt files can puzzle your game to believe you have a cheat when actually you do not.
Fix#1: Verify The Installation Of Your Game
- You ought to run the main executable of the game by simply clicking on the Start menu or the search button alongside it and entering Fortnite. Anyway, right-click on its executable > select Open from the context which will come up.
- The installation’s default folder is C > Program Files > Epic Games > Fortnite, but it relies on the architecture of your PC as well. You can also look for the Fortnite after clicking on the Start button or the search button > click the primary entry.
- Now, click on the cog icon beside the Launch text of the Fortnite launcher which ought to invoke a new menu > Click on verify and wait for the Fortnite launcher to complete verifying the files of the game.
- The procedure ought to take around ten minutes. Check if any files were downloaded again and launch the Fortnite again to check if this Fortnite error code still bugs you.
Fix#2: Repair Your EasyAntiCheat Service
- You can look for the main executable of the game by simply clicking on the Start button or the search button beside it and entering Fortnite. Anyway, right-click the executable > select Open file location which will emerge.
- As mentioned earlier, the installation’s default folder is C > Program Files > Epic Games > Fortnite, but it relies on the architecture of your PC as well. You can also look for the Fortnite after clicking on Start or the search > right-click the primary entry > select Open File Location.
- Either way, once you’re inside your folder of the Fortnite, go to FortniteGame > open Binaries > navigate to the Win64 (or Win32 relying on the operating system) > open the EasyAntiCheat. Inside you ought to see the .exe file of the EasyAntiCheat. Right-click on this setup file from the folder > select Run as admin from the menu which will emerge.
- Confirm the prompts that the file desires to make different changes to the PC and wait for a little and let its window open.
- Make certain the Fortnite is chosen from the list of your games > click Repair Service option. The message of successful installation ought to emerge shortly after so try to launch your game again and check if this Fortnite error code still occurs!
Fix#3: Rename Your EasyAntiCheat Driver
- Go to the location on the PC C > open Windows > go to System32 by going to it after opening the Windows Explorer. Firstly, click My Computer or This PC from your left side pane for locating and open the Local Disk C.
- If you’re incapable of viewing your Windows folder, you might have to switch on the option which allows you to see all the hidden folders and files. Simply click on view tab from the top menu of your File Explorer > click Hidden items checkbox from the hide/Show part of the menu. The File Explorer will display all the hidden folders and files and will remember such settings until you try to make any other changes.
- Next, find the .sys file of the EasyAntiCheat in the System32 folder > right-click > select Rename. Change its name to something such as EasyAntiCheat.previous.sys and hit Enter for confirming all the changes you have made. Then, launch the Fortnite again and check if you still experience the Fortnite error code 20006 on startup!