Is your microphone on the HyperX Cloud 2 headset not working? If yes, then don’t worry, you are not alone. A lot of users have had the same issue happening randomly; even the initial time they utilize the headset. It is incredibly maddening; you purchased the headset so you can speak to individuals on it, and now you cannot! But do not be anxious; you have not wasted your hard-earned cash. The HyperX Cloud 2 Mic Not Working issue can be fixed.Fix Failure Configuring Windows Updates
What Are The Causes Of The HyperX Cloud 2 Mic Not Working ?
The major causes for this distressing performance setback of the impeccable device are:
- Malfunctioning of the sound software
- Faulty/loose connections
- Game audio settings
- Volume control obviation
- Microphone not set as default
- Out-of-date audio drivers
This post will guide you through the solutions for troubleshooting the HyperX Cloud 2 Microphone is Not Working problem.
Fix#1: Do A Little Troubleshooting Of The Headphones TO Resolve This HyperX Cloud Issue
You simply have to check that all your wires are connected correctly to the computer system or not. You ought to cross-check the ports that green color one is for sound and is the output, and the red one is particularly for the microphone and is the input, you need to make sure that such red and green color cables are connected properly to the system ports. If you’re still experiencing this problem, then simply check whether the headphones are muted or not by pressing the mute button.You can Resolve Discord Overlay Not Working Issue
Fix#2: Check The Sound Settings
The HyperX Cloud 2 microphone might not be functioning because it is disabled or not set as the device default on the windows system. For re-enabling it and set it as default:
- Press the Win + R button at the same time from your keyboard for opening the Run dialog box > enter control > press OK.
- Now, in the control panel, from the view by menu, choose large icons > Sound.
- Choose the Recording tab > right-click on any vacant place in the device list and mark the Show Disabled Devices option.
- Now, right-click on the Headset Microphone > choose Enable > right-click it again > choose set as the default device.
Now that the mic of the headset is finally enabled and set as your default device, then try it and check if it has started working or not. If it does, then this HyperX Cloud issue is solved. But if not, then there’re two more solutions you should try for resolving the HyperX Cloud problem.
Fix#3: From The Device Manager, Update The Headphone Driver For Fixing This HyperX Cloud Problem
Are you still experiencing the HyperX Cloud 2 Mic Not Working issue? We acquaint that this HyperX Cloud issue is quite annoying so therefore in this post, we included a few solutions for resolving this HyperX Cloud problem and if this does not work then the headphones you have are critically damaged from outside and ought to give it back to the company for Return merchandise authorization (RMA) ASAP.
- First of all, right-click on My Computer icon > choose Manage.
- It’ll invoke a small window where you need to locate > select Device Manager.
- Here in the device manager, you will be able to all the devices that are connected to the computer externally and internally such as Keyboard, Monitor, Mouse, Processor, and Headphones, etc.
- In the Device Manager, you need to choose Video, Sound, and game controllers > inside that you can be able to locate the HD Audio Device.
- You need to right-click on the HD Audio Device > choose Update Driver Software, and the computer will automatically begin searching for the updates.
- Once the updated driver is found, updated and then installed, restart the computer and then test the microphone again to check if the HyperX Cloud issue is gone.
Fix#4: Reset/Reinstall Your Windows
The OS may have corrupted configurations or files that are causing the HyperX Cloud 2 Mic Not Working problem. The final method for resolving this HyperX Cloud issue is to reinstall/reset your Windows. But before starting, make sure to back up all your critical files on the system, and then pursue this procedure.
- If you are utilizing Windows 10, you can use this guide to reset the computer.
- If you are utilizing Windows older version, you can utilize whatever installation media came with the system for re-installing the OS.
Then, after you have reinstalled or reset your Windows, reinstall the headset as per the provided instructions and then check if this HyperX Cloud issue is resolved.
After following the instructions mentioned on this page, we hope that you were capable of cherishing the happiness and success of utilizing the mic again. While in a few cases if the HyperX Cloud 2 Mic Not Working problem still persists, you ought to always get in touch with the customer support of Kingston for claiming the warranty and check for hardware defects.