Both the Nvidia installer cannot continue and NVIDIA Installer Failed are issues that’ll stop you from installing drivers for the nVidia graphics. No matter how many times you attempt to install these drivers, odds are you’ll get the Nvidia installer cannot continue message again and again. There’re a great number of possible reasons for this issue, and it occurs with a range of versions, both Windows versions and driver versions. That denotes it does not exclude anybody, and resolving the problems can be maddening for many people.
Luckily, albeit the number of reasons is not small, there are also a huge number of fixes that people have reported to help. There’s a huge chance that one, if not more, of these solutions will help you, so read on to know which one can work best to resolve the Nvidia installer cannot continue issue.
Troubleshooting The Nvidia Installer Cannot Continue Error :
Just do not panic because your problems are certain to be finished here. There’re different methods applied to resolve this Nvidia installer cannot continue problem successfully. Kindly, look at all the fixes explained here and follow it step-by-step for fixing the Nvidia installer cannot continue error.
Solution#1: Updating The NVIDIA Graphics Card Driver
Updating the Nvidia drivers will most probably resolve the Nvidia installer cannot continue issue. For updating the NVIDIA Driver, follow this guide:
- Hit Win + X buttons at the same time > from the list that emerges, click Device Manager. Alternatively, you can hit the Start menu > enter Device Manager in the search bar > click Device Manager. It’ll open your Device Manager tool.
- Search for the Display adapters option > click it for expanding its options. Among the expanded substance, search for the Nvidia Graphics card > right-click it > choose Uninstall Device Driver Software.
- Now, reboot the system. Once you reboot the computer, Open the Device Manager again > expand Display Adapters option.
- Next, right-click and Update Nvidia GeForce GTX 960 Drivers.
- Now, a new window will come up. In the window, click Search automatically for the updated driver program.
- Follow the on-screen instructions for getting the Nvidia driver updated.
- Once the installation is done, reboot the PC. After rebooting, attempt to Install the Nvidia Graphics Card and check if the Nvidia installer cannot continue error appears.
It might happen at times that Windows will not be capable of searching for the updated Nvidia driver. In this case, you can update such drivers manually for solving the Nvidia installer cannot continue issue.
Solution#2: Deleting Everything Related To The Nvidia, And Trying The Setup Again
This solution needs that you remove everything related to Nvidia on the system, and try the setup again for fixing the Nvidia installer cannot continue error.
- To fix the Nvidia installer cannot continue problem, first uninstall the Nvidia driver from your Device Manager > restart.
- Open Features and Programs by opening your Start menu > entering Programs & Features > opening the first result that comes up. (Older windows versions have it as Remove or Add Programs, but it’s the same thing under a diverse name).
- Once there, uninstall everything from Nvidia. Restart the system as many times as the setups need you to, for saving the changes.
- When you are certain that you’ve deleted everything, attempt to install the drivers again. The setup ought to work without any issues to resolve the Nvidia installer cannot continue issue.
Solution#3: Manually Adding The Device Id Of Graphic Cards
The card, sometimes, detects wrongly by the system that directs to the installation failure or Nvidia installer cannot continue problem. As a fix, the device id can be manually entered. The steps to do this are as follows:
- To solve the Nvidia installer cannot continue issue, navigate to the Start Menu.
- Enter Control Panel in the Search Bar > press Enter.
- From the Control Panel items shown; go below for the Device Manager.
- Find Display adapters > expand them.
- Now, right-click on the Nvidia Graphic Card > choose Properties.
- From the Properties, choose Details.
- Then, choose Hardware Ids from a drop-down menu under Property.
- The Id will be there in the form of PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0FD1&SUBSYS_05781828&REV_A2\4&274689E5&0&0108 where DEV means Device Id (0FD) and VEN means Vendor-Id (10DE).
- Visit the site www.pcidatabase.com > type in the obtained Device Id and Vendor Id > click Search.
- Now, you’ll get your device name and the name of the vendor name (Nvidia).
- Lastly, Install & Update the Nvidia Driver to the newest version to fix the Nvidia installer cannot continue problem.
Solution#4: Disabling The Antivirus Program
Antivirus program has been recognized to be capable of preventing even the safest installations, so if you are experiencing this Nvidia installer cannot continue issue, it may be the result of the antivirus blocking a setup. Riding on which exact antivirus you are utilizing, the steps for disabling it are diverse. However, a good starting point to fix the Nvidia installer cannot continue issue is to simply right-clicking on the antivirus icon from your taskbar, and check if there is a Disable option. If you cannot locate such a button, open the program and begin searching. Try the setup with your antivirus program disabled and check if now the Nvidia installer cannot continue issue is resolved.
Solution#5: Renaming The Nvidia Graphics Card Folder
For resolving the Nvidia installer cannot continue error, at times renaming the Nvidia Folder in Program Files can work. It’s not an extremely common fix, but has helped a handful of people, so it is worth a try. Here is how to do so for fixing the Nvidia installer cannot continue error:
- Navigate to the drive where you have installed your Windows. Usually, it’s installed on the C Drive.
- In that drive, search for the Program Files folder > open it.
- Then, locate the Nvidia folder. It’s usually labeled Nvidia Corporation. Simply right-click this folder > choose Rename. Then enter any name you want to give it. For better reference, name it something very much related to the Nvidia or graphics card; it is your pick.
- Attempt to Install the Nvidia Graphics Card on the pc again.
This solution can also help you in resolving the Nvidia installer cannot continue problem.
If you have ever had to cope with broken drivers, you certainly acquaint that they can sometimes be a hit & miss. It is also the case with the Nvidia’s drivers, but if you just try the fixes mentioned above, you’ll see that you can fix the Nvidia installer cannot continue error in no time.