Different users of Windows 10 occasionally experience frustrating blue screen problems. When this happens, it can turn into a huge nightmare. The page fault in nonpaged area error is one of the blue screen problems that plague desktop and laptop users. A few of the error codes linked with this problem comprise STOP: 0X00000050, STOP: 0x50, and ntfs.sys, etc. And it’s not limited just to the Windows 10 users alone. It can occur in Win 7, Win 8 and Win Vista, as well.
But do not be anxious: The problem generally is a temporary one that can be resolved with the automatic reboot that it is certain to trigger. If the issue persists or happens as soon as you startup, you’ll have to locate the permanent solution for it. Read on if this page fault error is annoying you:
What Are The Reasons Of The Page Fault In Nonpaged Area Error?
This issue happens when Windows tryst to access some critical data from the memory that was supposed to be saved in some non-paged area but can’t locate it. Because this memory area is kept for Windows core, it’s unlikely to be reasoned by an issue in the software code, and almost certainly to do with the hardware. While it is possible that the software (like the antivirus product) might have accessed some non-paged area and in the process deleted or edited your data windows was searching for, the mostly likely offender is the faulty RAM (Random Access Memory). It might also propose a hardware issue with the level one two cache or the corrupt divisions on your hard disk.Solving 0x800f0954 is also easy
How To Fix The Page Fault In Nonpaged Area Error ?
Here are a few best fixes you can try. You might not need to try all of them; simply work from the top until you locate the best one that helps you solve the page fault in nonpaged area error.
Important: You will have to be logged into the Windows on the problem system to give a shot to any of these fixes. If you cannot sign into Windows, switch on and off the computer three times for doing a hard reboot and reboot the system in the Safe Mode, then try these fixes.Are you facing Fixboot Access Denied error ? then you can solve it easily
Solution#1: Disable The Automatic Paging
The solution that can help you resolve this Page Fault error in the nonpaged area in Windows operating system is simply disabling the automatic paging. Follow these steps:
- Navigate to My Computer > right-click on it.
- Choose Properties > navigate to Advanced System Settings > Performance Settings > choose the Advance tab.
- Choose Change > uncheck the Manage Paging File Size Automatically for All the Drives option.
- After completing this step, click OK > save all the settings.
- Reboot the PC.
Solution#2: Checking The Device Disk & Memory
This page fault in nonpaged area issue can happen when issues are present on your hard drive or if it’s damaged. For identifying if that is the reason for this Page Fault error, you need to run the Check Disk command in the system. Here’s how you carry out so:
- First of all, type in CMD in your Taskbar search box > in the window that appears, right-click the matched result > choose Run as Admin.
- When your Command Prompt appears, type in the ‘chkdsk /f /r’ command. If a message emerges telling you that your hard drive is locked and you have to provide consent for scheduling a complete Check Disk scan on reboot, you ought to enter Y for confirming the permission.
- Now reboot your system for allowing your Check Disk scan time for completion. It is moderately faster in the Windows 10 than it was in windows 7 and windows 8.
- Once this scan is completed, hit R button and Windows button at the same time > type in the ‘mdsched.exe’ command in the opened prompt.
- Select Restart now > check for issues. The computer will immediately restart.
- This scan will take about twenty minutes for completion. Once it’s done, check if the problem is fixed.
Solution#3: Fixing Problems With The RAM (Random Access Memory)
Issues with the RAM of the system might be another cause behind the issue. In such a case, the ideal fix would be to run the Windows Memory Diagnostic. If you have settled on that the source of this problem came from your Random Access Memory (RAM), follow these steps:
- Switch off the system completely.
- Take out its battery > unplug all your power cords.
- Disconnect your RAM (Random Access Memory) strip.
- Then, properly reinsert the Random Access Memory (RAM) strip.
- Reboot the system and see if the page fault error in the nonpaged area has been resolved.
Solution#4: Updating The Windows & Disabling The Antivirus (Third-party)
Antiviruses are well-known for reasoning interference to the system files, which can direct to this page fault in nonpaged area error. If you’re utilizing any 3rd-party antivirus, then attempt to turn it off for some time and then see if it fixes the issue. If it does, then you should definitely uninstall that antivirus program and install some other one. Moreover, Microsoft releases regular updates of Windows versions which come with solutions for a lot of errors and bugs. Solution for the issue troubling you can be in it. If there’re any pending Updates, simply download them and install them first for resolving the issue.
Solution#5: Undoing The Recent Changes
The recent changes that you have made recently to your computer may also trigger this blue screen problem. It comprises recently appended hardware or software. Remove the newly added items and revert the fresh changes you have made to default for fixing an issue related to these.
Solution#6: Disable & Update The Faulty Drivers
One of the main things that might reason this page fault error in the nonpaged area is the faulty driver on the system. In such a case, you can simply disable, update, uninstall, or reinstall such corrupted drivers. Follow these steps:
- First of all, navigate to the Control Panel > choose Device Manager. You can also hit Win button +R key > enter devmgmt.msc > hit Enter.
- Then, search for the drivers with the yellow exclamation mark > after locating those drivers, right-click on it > choose Update Driver Software > follow the onscreen instructions.
- If the steps mentioned above doesn’t help then uninstall or disable these faulty device drivers.
If you desire a faster and more convenient method of resolving the corrupted drivers, the perfect option is to utilize the Auslogics Driver Updater. When you run this tool, it’ll scan the system automatically for the driver problems. You’ll get a complete report of all the corrupted, outdated, or missing device drivers. Through this tool, you can simply update your device drivers to the newest version suggested by the manufacturer.
We hope that the page fault in nonpaged area issue has been fixed with one of the solutions mentioned above. If after trying all the mentioned solutions you still have this issue, it shows the issue is more complicated and requires professional care for functioning correctly.