The WMP has been an integrated part of all Window OSs for a long time now, and it has not been confiscated even in the Windows 10 operating system. It is quite simple to utilize, and it is certainly light on resource, making it the most well-liked media players of all times.
However, people have been reporting that they’ve started crashing while either playing any files at all or certain files. There’ve been a lot of attempts to resolve the windows media player Server execution failed issue completely, but it turns out there’re numerous successful ways which are applicable in diverse situations.
Try The Following Solutions For Resolving The Server Execution Failed Problem :
Solution#1: End The Windows Media Player In Your Task Manager
- From the keyboard, hold down the Ctrl and Shift buttons at the same time > hit Esc button for opening the Task Manager.
- Then, under the Processes pane, click on Windows Media Player > End Task from the bottom right.
- See if you can open WMP successfully.
Solution#2: Disable The Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service
- From the keyboard, press the Windows > R button for invoking ht Run dialog box.
- Enter services.msc in the Run search box > hit Enter.
- Scroll down to locate > right-click on the WMP Network Sharing Service > click on Properties.
- Set startup type to Disabled under the General pane > click on OK.
- Restart the PC and see if you can now open the Windows Media Player successfully.
Solution#3: Try A Simple Command Tweak
Here’s an easy command which can really resolve the issue right away and it just needs a minute of the time. This technique is highly helpful if you notice other problems on the computer as well, such as the malfunctioning of Windows gadgets, etc.
- Look for Command Prompt > right-click on it > choose Run as administrator option from the menu. Now, copy & paste the ‘regsvr32.exe jscript.dll’ and ‘regsvr32.exe vbscript.dll’ commands and make certain to hit Enter after everyone:
- Check if the issue is gone after restarting the PC.
Solution#4: Gain Control Of The User Folder Again
If you’ve been doing certain changes on the operating system, it is quite probable that something has made the user folder locked from the Windows Media Player and you’ll have to regain the control of it for allowing the Windows Media Player to access the files under the admin. Follow these instructions to do that:
- First of all, open the File Explorer > find the C >> Users >> Your Username. Now, right-click on this folder > click on Properties > go to Security tab.
- To invoke the Advanced Security Settings window, simply click on the Advanced button. Here you have to change the key’s Owner, so start out by simply clicking on the Change link you can see beside the Owner label.
- Then a window labeled ‘Select User or Group’ will open. Choose the user account through the Advanced button or simply enter the username in the field which says something like type the object name to choose > click on OK.
- Now, to change all files and subfolders’ owner inside the folder, simply tick the Replace owner on objects and subcontainers checkbox in the opened window labeled Advanced Security Settings > Click on OK for saving the changes you have made.
- Now, you’ll have to give complete access to the folder for the account. In the Properties windows, simply go back to the Security tab > click on Add for opening the Permission Entry window > Click on choose a principal > select the account.
- Set the permissions to Full control > click on OK. In the Advanced Security Settings window, you can also select the option that says something like Replace all the accessible permissions that are inheritable on all the descendants with the permissions that are inheritable from this object.
Solution#5: Utilize The Windows Store Applications Troubleshooter
Since WMP is a Windows store application, the Windows Store application troubleshooter can be useful in recognizing and fixing the issue.
- Press windows logo button > click on the gear-like icon to invoke the Settings page.
- Navigate to the Updates & security > go to the Troubleshooter tab.
- Choose the Window store applications troubleshooter and simply click on it to run.
Solution#6: Install The Windows Media Player Again
The Windows Media Player is an amazing Windows feature and not just external software. The process to install the Windows Media Player again is as follows:
- First of all, press windows key + R button at the same time for invoking the Run dialog box > enter control panel > hit Enter button or click on OK to invoke the Control Panel window.
- Navigate to the Programs & features.
- From the list, you can locate on the left-hand side, choose the Turn Windows features on/off option.
- In that list, scroll to the features of Media > click to expand that list.
- Now, simply click on the Windows Media Player checkbox to uncheck it.
- Restart the computer.
Solution#7: Install The Java Again
Installing Java again can certainly resolve this problem in a lot of cases as WMP depends on its runtime to function. The PC possibly has it installed by now so make certain you delete the version you have already installed for installing the new version.
Uninstalling The Java On Windows 10 System:
- Open the start menu by simply clicking on the windows logo from the bottom left corner of the screen > choose Settings by simply clicking on the gear-like symbol.
- Choose applications section in the Settings application > choose Java from the list of installed applications > click on the Uninstall button.
- Respond to the on-screen instructions for completing the process of uninstalling it.
Uninstalling The Java On The Previous Windows Versions:
- First, click on the windows logo button to open the Start menu.
- Choose Control Panel from the Start menu > click on View by option > choose Category. Under Programs, click on Uninstall a Program.
- Choose Java from the list of installed programs by simply clicking on it > click on the Uninstall button. Then, simply follow the on-screen instructions for completing the wizard.
Installing The Java:
There’re two methods of installing Java. You can either utilize the online installer which just downloads a little file which is used to download the complete program, or you can simply download the complete package and install that package without an active net. Here’s how you can install it offline:
- Navigate to Manual download page > click on Offline Windows option.
- The dialog box that says File Download will appear prompting you to save or run the download file; simply click on Save button for downloading the file to the local system.
- Close all the apps, including the browser > double-click on the file you saved to begin the installation. Click on the Install button for accepting the terms and conditions and to continuing with the installation process.
- The Oracle has joined with companies that provide different products. The installer might offer you an option for installing such programs when you install the Java. After making sure that the required programs are chosen, simply click on the Next button for continuing the installation process.
- A few brief dialogs verify the final steps of the installation; click on Close. It’ll finish the installation process of Java.
Solution#8: Append The Admin Group To The Local Service
- First of all, open the Command Prompt as admin.
- Enter net localgroup “Administrators” “NT Authority\Local Service” /add > press Enter key.
- When it is completed, simply click on the cross for closing the Command Prompt.
- Restart the PC and see if you can now open the WMP.
That is all. The WMP server execution failed problem on the PC ought to be resolved now.