The bad side of any operating system is when the random issues emerge without any prior warning. In such a case, the user could not have time for comprehending what to carry out. The problem increases when we encounter the same thing throughout the booting of the system. It is one of the problems which emerge while starting the pc would be in progress. The person feels extremely disappointed as it’s extremely hard to resolve the issue while you can’t move further when the total identified windows installations 0 issue emerges. A lot of users state that they don’t even comprehend what how to resolve it ever even if the issue emerges during starting the pc.
Causes Of The Total Identified Windows Installations 0 Error:
- Cause#1: File System Integrity Compromised
Total identified Windows installations 0 can occur when the user switches off the pc while writing some vital data into the boot zone. It reasons your system file corrupt or damages itself and hence showed up with such Total identified Windows installations 0.
- Cause#2: BCD (Binary-Coded Decimal) Is Corrupt Or Missing
It is also one of the most frequent reasons for the total identified windows installations 0 problem. It’s because of the disk write issues, power outages, booting sector viruses, or issues made while manually configuring the Binary-Coded Decimal (BCD).
Troubleshooting This Error Message :
This issue may almost certainly be reasoned by the corrupted registry entries or damaged Binary-Coded Decimal (BCD) store. Therefore, attempt to remove the Binary-Coded Decimal (BCD) manually and recreate it properly, or repair the registry entries. And there are a few solutions that you can really choose.
Solution#1: The Boot Recovery
The booting file frequently becomes corrupted and hence it Total identified Windows installations 0. Utilizing this solution, you can recover your boot file. This feature is incorporated with the windows. Hence, it’s extremely simple and quick for the users to carry out. Follow the following basic steps for working with this solution.
- First of all, go to the command prompt of the windows by simply opening the Run dialog box and then entering CMD and hitting enter.
- Once the command prompt window is opened, simply enter the ‘bootrec /rebuildbcd’ > hit enter.
- The message will come up something like: “Scanning all your disks for the Win installations. Please wait for a little, since it might take some time… Scanned Windows installations successfully. The total identified installations of Windows: 0 the operation successfully completed.”
- Since you already have win installed. Hence, you only have to remove BCD and then recreate it with the assistance of some commands like: ‘bcdedit /export c:\bcdbackup’ and ’attrib c:\boot\bcd -h -r –s’
The first command will build the backup of earlier stored Binary-Coded Decimal (BCD). The second one will eradicate a few attribute which limits the actions you can take on. Now change the name the old Binary-Coded Decimal (BCD) file by utilizing the ‘ren c:\boot\bcd bcd.old’ command.
- Make a new Binary-Coded Decimal (BCD) File by entering the ‘bootrec /rebuildbcd’ command.
- A new message will emerge saying something like: “Please wait for a little since it might take some time… Scanned Windows installations successfully. The total identified Windows installations: 1  D:\Windows Append installation to the booting list? Yes<Y>/No<N>/All<A>:”
- Hit Y and further the message will emerge like: ‘The operation successfully completed.’ Restart the pc after exiting your CMD.
The total identified windows installations 0 issue will hopefully gone.
Solution#2: Repair Registry Entries
The windows registry holds diverse information, options, settings, and other program values installed on your windows. Hence, it’s one of the likelihoods that the registry is corrupted. Therefore, you have to recover it with the assistance of the registry recovery, which resolves Total identified Windows installations 0 error. Follow these simple steps, and hopefully, the pc will run correctly.
- First of all, Boot from the installation disc of the Windows > choose Install Now.
- And then click on Repair the pc > choose Advanced Options > select Troubleshoot > click on the Command Prompt.
- Enter the following commands > press enter:
- Enter the commands for finding the location: C:\Windows\System32\config
- Then simply rename the following folders in the config folder to *.old :
- Copy your registry-hives from the location C:\Windows\System32\config\RegBack to the location C:\Windows\System32\config.
Then restart the Windows system to check if the Total identified Windows installations 0 is resolved.
Solution#3: Installing The Windows Again
If nothing works for you, then there’ll be the only option left for you which is installing your windows operating system again. It is extremely obvious if the huge percentage of files gets missing or corrupted, then none but the installation of windows over again really works. Hence, attempt to install the desired operating system again because once the windows been infected mostly, the possible issue like the total identified windows installations 0 issue arise.
The Final Words:
This problem can be proven a big headache if the individual does not really acquaints what it is and how he or she can really fix the issue. Hence, we have explained the root reason of the total identified windows installations 0 problem and have also shown you all the possible solutions that can really help you resolve this error with some user-friendly and easy methods. Hopefully, the solutions mentioned above will really help you. Try to utilize another solution if one doesn’t help you resolve the problem you are encountering.