Staying updated is the primary thing in this advanced world. When a process stops in computers stating that the Windows update service not running , you have to panic as staying updated also denotes staying secure. You do not have to squander time over this problem as we have provided a complete solution for you to resolve the Windows Update not running issue on Windows 10. The update services issue exactly utters ‘Windows Update can’t currently check for the new update, because the update service isn’t running.’ So let’s begin on the guide on how you can resolve this Update Windows Service not running problem.More On Techsolitic.com
Solution#1 : Try To Restart The Windows Update Service
- To resolve the windows update error, first, press the Windows button + R key to launch the Run window > enter services.msc and Click OK to launch the Service Manager.
- From the alphabetically arranged list, find the Windows update service > right-click on this update services option > click Restart.
- Reboot your PC and check if the windows update works.
Solution#2: Update The Device Drivers :
Updating drivers can assist you in resolving the Windows Update not running error. There’s a chance that the device hasn’t been updated and Windows is facing difficulty and eventually creating the update windows error.
Solution#3: Manually Run Windows Update Services
- Press Windows button + R key to launch the Run window > enter services.msc and Click OK to go to the Service Manager window.
- Find the service of Windows update > right-click on it > select Properties.
- Now, change the type of startup to manual > click Start.
- Click Apply > OK. Make sure that the service status is ‘Running.’
Now, without restarting your computer, try to run the Windows update. Since the update windows service is running, you should not get the issue. Once your system has updated, the problem might get fixed for the future as well (since MS keeps on pushing fixes through the Windows updates).
Solution#4: Run The Windows Update Troubleshooter:
- Click the Start button > the gear-like sign to launch the Settings page.
- Navigate to Updates & security > to the troubleshoot tab.
- Choose the Windows update troubleshooter > Run the service.
Solution#5: Scan For Virus/Malware
Scan for any malicious activity, application or software in the system that is reasoning the issue related to Windows Update Services. To do so, you can run a malicious software tool, or scan the system using Windows Defender. A good anti-virus program and a PC cleaner can assist you in staying away from such update windows issues.Solve Failed To Play Test Tone Error also
Solution#6: Re-register The Windows Update Files
Re-registering your Windows update files would assist you in resolving this update windows error if nothing else did.
Note: Please make a restore or backup point for the PC before attempting this solution.
- In the search bar, search for the command prompt > right-click the icon > choose Run as Admin.
- Enter the following commands in the admin command prompt and press Enter after typing each command in:
- Exit the command prompt after all the commands have executed and restart your system.
Solution#7: Install A Fresh Windows Version
If nothing works for you in resolving the Windows update service not running error, then it’s a wise choice to install a fresh Windows utilizing Microsoft Install Drive. Because it is possible that there is something else wrong that is creating this error.
For this option, it’s extremely significant that you make a backup of the data on some external drive because this will remove all of the data. And the product key ought to be saved or ought to be written at a safe place before installing the Windows again to solve this update windows error.
We hope this exhaustive troubleshooting guide would help fix the update windows issue.You can get info about Wacom Tablet Driver